The map companion to Fly Fishing Minnesota!
Signed by the authors
Paperback, Spiral Bound, 80+ pages
8.5 x 11 inches
Namebini LLC (December 2022)
- Spiral bound, lay-flat book to take along on your next trip or plan at home.
- 80+ pages with 66 full color maps tailored for the Minnesota fly angler.
- Access, easements, boat launches, public land, campgrounds, hiking trails and more.
- All of the stream and river maps from Fly Fishing Minnesota, as well as 20 new and updated pages of maps.
- Trout streams throughout the state, including the North Shore of Lake Superior and the Driftless Area.
- Warmwater locations such as the Mississippi and St. Croix Rivers, Driftless rivers like the Root River, and outstate locations.
- Over 650 streams, rivers, lakes and locations indexed for easy navigation.
- Including new pages and areas with primary focus on
- Mississippi River from Grand Rapids to Aitkin
- Ottertail River
- Temperance River
- Lester River
- Poplar River
- Stoney Brook
- Brule River
- Little Isabella River
- Pickwick Creek
- Mill Creek
- East Indian Creek
- Expanded and enlarged new maps
- Mississippi River from Monticello to Minneapolis
- St. Croix River from Osceola to Prescott
- Full, enhanced coverage of the original stream and river maps from Fly Fishing Minnesota.
About the Authors
Carl Haensel is an educator, biologist, photographer, writer, author and fishing guide. He has guided and taught fly fishing since 1996 and has authored over a hundred articles on fly fishing techniques, tips, flies and locations as well as children’s educational literature. From 1996 until 2003 he owned and operated Around the Bend Flyfishing based in Eden Prairie, MN. From 2001 until 2007 he served as a regional manager for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Fish and Boat Commission. There he managed education, programming, and aquatic resource issues for an area encompassing over five million people, including the City of Philadelphia. He has fished extensively throughout the world and his outdoor photographs have been widely published. He is also an educational consultant and enjoys secondary and post-secondary teaching. Together with Jade Thomason he manages the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo on behalf of Minnesota Trout Unlimited. Carl serves as the Northern Minnesota Vice Chair for Trout Unlimited.
Jade Thomason is a conservation biologist and photographer that focuses on writing, consulting, GIS mapping and website design. She has worked on forest ecology research teams in Washington for North Cascades National Park and in the Tongass National Forest in Alaska for the US Forest Service. Together with Carl she manages the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo and writes and shoots photography for a wide variety of publications including American Fly Fishing, Eastern Fly Fishing, Northwest Fly Fishing and the Pennsylvania Angler & Boater magazine. Jade also works closely with Minnesota Trout Unlimited and is the editor of the Minnesota TU publication Trout Unlimited Minnesota.